Team Tacala Scholarship
Tacala is dedicated to supporting teens in the communities where we do business. This includes our teen Team Members who we want to excel and achieve Mas in life. In 2014, we introduced the Team Tacala Scholarship to help our teen Team Members reach their goals for post-High School education. This program offers them the opportunity to apply for college or post-secondary vocational institution scholarships starting at $1,000. We were thrilled to fund scholarships for every applicant, distributing $115,000 to 38 recipients in our first year. Following that successful year, interest in the program and the number of applicants grew dramatically. In 2016, we distributed $211,500 to 87 applicants! We look forward to the continued success of this great program.
CLICK HERE for the application
- April 1st: Application distributed to all Tacala restaurants and available on Tacala.com
- May 12th: Application deadline
- May 15th – June 9th: Application review process
- June 26th – July 21st: Scholarship Celebrations with amount reveal
- A legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), who is a High School Senior or a current college student with a GPA of 2.0+ no older than 24 years of age;
- An employee in good standing of Tacala, with a minimum of six (6) months of continuous employment by such entity as of the date of application;
- Employed in a restaurant position (Team Member, Trainer, Shift Leader, Assistant General Manager,or Restaurant General Manager, etc.);
- An employee of Tacala in good standing and in a Restaurant Position at the time the scholarshipawards are announced;
- On-track to apply for accredited post-high school/post-secondary educational programs (including accredited two- and four-year college, universities, vocational-technical, and trade schools) pending receipt of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Can be a prior Recipient of a Team Tacala Scholarship under the following conditions:
- Have used all previous year(s) scholarship(s).
- Must meet all of the eligibility requirements and submit a new application.
- New scholarships will be funded prior to repeat scholarships.
- Must fill out the application completely and submit NO LATER THAN Friday, May 12 to the TacalaScholarships email address: TacalaScholarships@tacala.com. There will be no exceptions to this deadline.